Credit card companies, banks, debt buyers and collections agencies in Texas are regulated under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Under the law, collectors are restricted regarding the kinds of threats they make and actions they can take to entice a debtor to make payments on time or repay the debt owed.
Debt collectors may not:
- Threaten to notify your employer or other third party about your debt
- Call persistently after 9 p.m. or early mornings
- Inform you of a legal action being taken if no legal proceeding has been started
- Make a personal visit to your home or place of employment
- Use abusive language by phone or correspondence
- Make verbal threats of harm to you or your family
Learn more about our collections defense litigation services at these information pages:
- Texas credit card lawsuit defense
- Student loan lawsuit defense
- Credit card company tricks
- Creditor lawsuit defense
- Debt collection violations
We Take Debt Collectors To Court And Win! · Free Consultation
If you live in Texas and have experienced any harassing behavior by a creditor or authorized collection agency, call Texas Debt Defense to discuss our Texas debt collections defense services. We are a team of experienced attorneys that has an in-depth knowledge of debt collection law. Our successful record of litigation gives you the advantage of having the law on your side when it comes to stopping illegal debt collections activity. We regularly take credit card companies, scavenger debt collection agencies and debt buyers to trial — where we have an excellent record of success.
Texas Stop Creditor Harassment Attorney · Debt Collector Litigation Professionals
From offices in Houston, Austin and Dallas, our lawyers provide debt defense services for individuals, families and business owners in communities throughout Texas. Call us toll free at 832-501-0966 or contact our office by email to arrange a free initial consultation with a Houston debt defense attorney at Texas Debt Defense today.