Stop Creditor Harassment Now!
Credit card companies, banks, debt buyers and collections agencies in Texas are regulated under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Under the law, collectors are restricted regarding the kinds of threats they make and actions they can take to entice a debtor to make payments on time or repay the debt owed.
We Take Debt Collectors To Court And Win!
If you live in Houston or anywhere else in Texas and have experienced any harassing behavior by a creditor or authorized collection agency, call Mastriani Law Firm to discuss our Texas debt collections defense services. We are a team of experienced lawyers who have an in-depth knowledge of debt collection law. We regularly take credit card companies, scavenger debt collection agencies and debt buyers to trial — where we have an excellent record of success.
Understand Your Rights
In Texas, debt collectors may not:
- Threaten to notify your employer or other third party about your debt
- Call persistently after 9 p.m. or early mornings
- Inform you of a legal action being taken if no legal proceeding has been started
- Make a personal visit to your home or place of employment
- Use abusive language by phone or correspondence
- Make verbal threats of harm to you or your family
As a part of our houston debt defense practice, we comprehensively address all matters related to creditor harassment and other issues such as:
- Bank, credit card company and debt buyer lawsuits
- Collections defense
- Consumer protection and fraud
- Credit card company tricks
- Creditor lawsuit defense
- Debt collector lawsuits
- Debt collection violations
- Dealing with debt
- Debt and your credit score
- Payday loan debt
The Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act adds additional requirements, including provisions that the debt collector cannot:
- (Falsely) accuse the debtor of crimes
- Use or threaten violence or other criminal acts to collect debt
- Threaten to arrest the debtor or repossess property without using the proper procedure
- Misrepresent the amount of the debt
- Falsely claim that legal proceedings have begun
Mastriani Law Firm, PC, Serves Clients Throughout Texas
Call us toll free at 866-671-9514 or contact our office by email to arrange a free attorney consultation.